Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Notes from the Bookshelf: Sink Reflections


What do you see when you look into your sink, dirty dishes or your smiling reflection looking back at you? This week in Mom Time, we got some great tips on how to start taking charge of your household with control, peace, and guidance from God. 
Sarah Bach introduced to us  a book by Marla Cilley’s (aka the Fly Lady)  called Sink Reflections, a guide to creating a cleaning routine for yourself, how to de-clutter your home, keep your cleaning organized, and how to keep your sanity in check.  The best part is, you only do it in 15 minutes chunks max! No giant list, no marathon Saturday session. A little bit each day. That's it.

Sarah encouraged us to remember that we are all in different seasons of motherhood and that we need to find a peaceful and acceptable balance between a clean home and “normal” home for your specific household.  Sink Reflections offers specific tips on how to de-clutter your home without overwhelming yourself, how to feel good about your progress, and how to start with baby steps. 

It’s important to ask yourself regularly, does my home bring me joy? Do I love my home? Do I need my home?  Most importantly, we need to ask, am I blessing my home with grace, peace and order in a way that pleases God?  Am I counseling my children to do what is responsible and right, based off of my own actions?  Am I creating a living environment that is a peaceful dwelling place for my family? All of those thoughts should be of great encouragement when facing that pile of dishes that somehow seems to reappear every morning and night.

Titus 2:3-5 “Bid the older women (That’s YOU)… to give good counsel and be a teacher of what is right and noble, so that they will wisely train the younger women (your daughters) to be sane and sober of mind (temperate, disciplined) and to love their husbands and their children.  To be self-controlled, chaste, homemakers, good natured (kind-hearted)…

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment, thought, or suggestion!