Monday, November 29, 2010

The Christmas Trumpet

It's like a trumpet blows before the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone and the Christmas season is totally underway. I have the house half-decorated....everything but the tree is out. The shopping is mostly done, and it is time to enjoy the people I love while celebrating the birth of our Savior.

If only it were so easy, right? In this season that makes you think of love and fellowship come the realities of over-excited kids, gifts lists than run longer than our budgets, and trying to fit all of the expected activites of perfection into our real lives. Baking cookies, Jingle Bus tours, Christmas concerts...there never seems to be enough time.

When I slowed down this weekend to think about what I hoped to accomplish this season, I remembered this reflection from last year. I was reminded of what is important, what can go, and how everyone else fits into my plan.

I pray that this year, for myself and for you, will be a time of savoring the season we are in, in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment, thought, or suggestion!